2016 Ulleungdo & Dokdo International Underwater Photography Competition
○ Title of a competition : 2016 Ulleungdo․Dokdo International Underwater Photography Competition
○ Date : Oct 12(Wed), 2016 - Oct 16(Sun), 2016. 5days
○ Location : Ulleung-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do(province)
○ The number of country and participants : 15 countries, 30 participants
○ The number of divers who can be invited per one country : 2 participants(2 photographer or 1 photographer & 1 model)
○ Organizer will provides internationl airfare(maximum US$2,000 for Europe, US$1,000 for Asian region), local transportation, full accommodation in Korea and cash prizes
- Invite 30 athletes from 15 countries among the members of World Underwater Federation
- If there are more than 15 countries who want participate in this competition, organizing committee will select countries among them.
- Participating federation shall recommend their top class photographers.
○ Categories of competition : Wide angle with Diver, Wide angle without Diver, Close-up and Fish.
□ Rules of the competition
1. Qualification of participation
○ Qualification of participant : Only athletes who are invited and admitted by Korea Underwater Association
○ Documents for submission : Send to firstname.lastname@example.org the enclosed entry form of A, B, C.
2. Categories of competition
○ Wide angle with Diver : Wide angle photo including diver who may be the assistant. Colored lights and half-half photos are allowed in this category. Apnea or free divers are not allowed.
○ Wide angle without Diver : Wide angle photo without diver showing the beauty of the natural underwater environment including fauna and flora.
○ Close-up photo: Macro or close-up photo of any subject. Details of a fish are not accepted in this category.
○ Fish : Fish photo only involving natural attitudes of these creatures. Details of a fish are permmited if it is possible to define the fish onto its species, name and biotope. The photo may be taken with a close-up (macro) lens or any other lens. The photo of such as squid, octopus or snail is not accepted.
3. Procedure of competition
○ Checking and sealing
- In case of diving at Dokdo, camera will be checked and sealed on ship. In case of diving at Ulleungdo, camera will be checked and sealed at operating headquarter.
- Date and Time of camera should be set the same as the date and time of the competition.
- Competitor should delete contents of a memory card and seal the housing under the control of judge.
- If it is inevitable to open the housing in case of accident during the competition, this process has to proceed and reseal under the control of the jugde.
- After all diving is done, competitor open the housing and submit a memory card under the control of judge.
- Before submission of a memory card, it is not possible to connect to other electronic equipment such as laptop, tablet pc, mobile phone and so on.
- It is not possible to change a memory card during the competition. If a competitor damage sealing of the housing arbitrarily, he will be punished with disqualification.
- 2 times diving opportunities for each 2 days are offered in Dokdo, 2 times diving opportunities for 1 day are offered in Ulleungdo. If diving at Dokdo is impossible because of weather, it will be replaced by diving at Ulleundo.
- Only 150(from number1 to 150) photos per day will be allowed to submit. In case of using two cameras, no more than total of 150 photos that are taken by both cameras.
- After finish each day of diving, competitor should open housing under control of judge and submit memory cards. Organizer will give it back to competitors soon after save the photos in the organizer computer.
- Organizer can monitor and supervise photography activities of competitors during this competition.
○ Submission of photo to be judged
- Competitor should submit a photo in time. After submission, it is not available to change their photo to be judged.
- Only original photos are subject to judge. Competitor who submit manipulated photos will be punished with disqualification.
- Competitors can submit 4 photos (1 photo per each category)
- Competitors shall inform organizing committee the serial numbers and the content of files.
- After submission, it is necessary that competitors confirm serial number and the photo together with the person in charge.
○ Competition process
- After departure from Ulleung Quay to Dokdo, camera checking and sealing will be done by organizer while transferring. On the arrival at Dokdo, competitors take a assigned diving boat.
- Organizer will assign diving boat.
- Organizing committee provide air tank and weight. Competitors are responsible to loss and damage of equipment which are provided.
- Competition sites will be chosen by organizer according to weather condition.
- When diving is over, competitors' air tank must retain more than 30 bar.
- Dive deeper than 30m.
- Decompression dive.
- Destroy underwater environment or move and manipulate any creatures
- Leave a competition zone
- For safe diving, diving competitor must use diving computer and SMB(Diving Balloon).
○ Photo jury
This jury is composed of 5 members(2 members from overseas, 3 members from Korea), All of them will be invited by organizer.
- Winners are given to third place in each 4 categories.